Friday, November 27, 2009

Thanksgiving Observations

1) I am thankful that I am alive despite the fact that at 64 no one will insure me because I have medical conditions, so I don't have to go to the doctor unless I am near death.
2) I am thankful that our government is going to solve this situation with a plan individual Congressmen (and women) publicly say they don't understand, but know for certain they will be exempted from it.
3) I am thankful I was able to get care when a medicine prescribed for my blood pressure gave me a heart attack even though the Florida Department of Children & Families (that administers the program) insisted I wasn't eligible for it because I WORK.
4) I am thankful that working for myself I have no employer-based health care, and that many of my charitable neighbors who still have health care still say we have the best health care system in the world and pray no one will "mess with it."
5) I am thankful that I don't have health insurance because I don't have enough cash in the bank to pay for the upfront costs for my 20-percent that many health care providers are now charging before the care is given.
6) I am thankful our Surgeon General is obese; our new President has been photographed smoking; and we have a Treasury Chief who doesn't pay his taxes, because I can go to my gym, go to Weight Watchers, stress over my taxes and afford my diabetes and blood pressure medicines - not because my country is well-run, but because of WalMart.
7) Departing for a moment from health care, I am especially thankful a friend was able to finally find a place where I can buy shells for my (permitted) .38 police special, because they have been out of stock in my county for more than 6 months.
8) I am thankful that my saying "Merry Christmas" and "Happy Hanukkah" will annoy those who want to make this a Godless country.
9) I am thankful that although third parties can't get any airtime or press, they are still permitted to register for the ballots in all the states.
10) And last but definitely not least, I am extremely thankful that I like tea because I think we are getting very close to the point where someone is going hold a very large Tea Party.

No comments:

Post a Comment